Venturing a New Path

PATH TO TAKE: QUEENSLAND AUSTRALIA

I recently resigned from my work in the hospital to pursue a career in Australia as a nurse. As of yesterday, I am officially not a staff nurse in UERMMMCI and I am really happy about this decision. 

My bestfriend and I were on the verge of exhaustion regarding work as a nurse in the Philippines. As many of you who can relate, it was not an easy thing to digest. We were brainstorming on how to go about with our lives. We then realized that we are really not well compensated here that is why we needed a brand new plan to save our futures. We asked around, solicited pieces of advice from people who we know, and came to the conclusion that going abroad is the best solution. We thought about going to Canada and Australia. But the best option for the both of us it to go to the land down under.

PROCESS:
It was not easy at all to plan something this big without the advice of our parents. I told my mom about my plan and the advice that were given by our friends who are already there. She became fascinated with the idea of me working and building a new and better there. As she was browsing her facebook account, she came across her cousin whom she has not seen not communicated with for quite some time. My aunt lives in Australia now, in Queensland to be exact. My mom messaged my aunt and they began talking about the possibility of me living in Australia as well. My aunt gladly helps out in telling us the exact process on how to go there legally. My mom then gladly accepts her help. But what is more intruiging about this encounter is as if my plan unravels quickly and sets into action. 

First step: My bestfriend and I went to IDP-- International Development Program-- located at Paseo de Roxas in Makati. She and I had an assessment with a counselor regarding our interest in studying in Australia. Our counselor talked about all the possible options with regards to studying nursing there. My bestfriend and I already told our parents what happened during the assessment and our parents gladly supported us with our decision to move forward. 

What to do next on my checklist: I need to get a grade of 7 in my IELTs exam first before I can proceed to the next steps. 

I have a lot more things to accomplish before being able to finally achieve the final goal. May God help me with all of my endeavors as He always have with everything that I do. :)

Comments

Popular Posts