Authentic Lebanese Food Served at Massaya in North Strathfield


Have you ever tried authentic Lebanese food? If ever you have not and want to experience a new found love for Lebanese food then Massaya in North Strathfield is where you should go. 



I was invited by Jason (@spooningaust) to dine in at Massaya on a Wednesday arvo and I was happy to have been able to try their delicious food and drinks. This place not only offers eastern cuisine but western cuisine as well (burgers, pasta and pizza). Meidi, who came with me during this visit, and I decided to order mainly Lebanese food. I also saw they had a coffee machine in store so they are definitely serving coffees if you would want to have one before or after your meal.




They had indoor and semi-outdoor seating available. And if you would want to seat outside, just be aware that this area is also a shisha area. If you do not want to inhale vape or smoke coming from the shisha, it is best to be seated indoors. Meidi and I opted to be seated outside for better lighting for our photos, of course. 

The waiter kindly helped us out with ordering as it was a big menu. He ordered for us Ferry, Vine Leaves, Shanklish Salad, Hummus with Lamb and Lamb Mansef. We did order our drinks, Strawberry Crush and Massaya Lychee Mojito and for dessert we had the Massaya Mixed Desserts.



Out of all the dishes I have tried that day, I was stunned with the flavour profile of their Shanklish salad (aged cheese with capsicum, tomatoes, shallots, mint, red onion and olive oil). This was the first time that I have ever tried a salad like this. You get the salty yet light texture from the cheese and freshness from the tomatoes and mint. I did also enjoy eating the Lamb Mansef, as the lamb was falling off the bone and was melting in my mouth upon consumption. I did not dress my rice with the yogurt dressing too much as I find it does not need it. It was also my first time to try quail. The quail was cooked to perfection, seasoned well and had that beautiful tangy flavour from lemon. 

If you want to try something different definitely check out this place. And maybe try shisha too if you are up for it!




Check out my video for this foodie visit:
https://youtu.be/EDHWjZ4mnBU

If you want to check out more of my foodie adventures, check out my Instagram account too:
https://www.instagram.com/mertiolettebaby/?hl=en

Comments

Popular Posts