High Tea at Home With the British Royalty


   


After moving to the United States, I have beenmissing afternoon teas quite a lot. That is why there is no surprise I have been finding ways to satisfy that craving for it. I encountered a British monthly subscription box from the Hype App and thought of giving it a go. Here we have Houses of Windsor’s Tea Time Traveller Tin. Thank you Hype App for arranging this box for me.


The goal of the subscription box is to bring British royalty at the comforts of my home. I was enthralled when I was doing my unboxing because of the well thought out details of the package. The small jam in a glass container was carefully wrapped in paper so it would not break upon delivery. There was a fake British Pound with Queen Elizabeth on the note further aligning the contents of the package with the British Royalty vibe. I also loved the personalised handwritten card that came with it. I dohowever wish that this brandhad its own branded box. I received plain brown box with no branding. Although on the brighter side, packaging it that way made it more environment-friendly.




 


The contents of the box were the following—small bag of Vanilla Chai Black Tea witha silver spoon carefully packaged together, Strawberry Green Tea Bag (mystery sample tea bag), Chocolate Mallows, handwritten card, Bonne Mamam Strawberry Preserve, paper loose tea filters, fake British Pound note and a note of what the box includes. Upon checking the website, the subscription box costs $29.95-$34.95 USD, in my opinion, is the right price for the contents. 

What I love most about this month’s box is the Tunnock’s Milk Chocolate Tea Cakes. A company established in 1890 and is still a family business. The marshmallow in the centre is just divine, pillowy in texture, not too sweet and the biscuit at the bottom balanced the snack’s flavour profile. The only downside to this treat is the chocolate exterior, as it does not stand a chance in the 98-degree heat in Nebraska. I suggest including this snack during the colder months of the year instead. Out of the 2 flavoured teas I tried, I liked the Vanilla Chai Black Tea better than the Strawberry Green Tea. The vanilla mellowed the harsher spicy notes that are normally what makes up the chai tea that we know. 


Overall, if you are an afternoon tea kind of girl, then this is for you especially if you love the British Royal family. It is definitely like having a piece of them in your home. 







Comments

Popular Posts