Are Brown Butter Cookies the Best Kind of Chocolate Chip Cookies?—Cookies by Relle Review

People have been searching for the best type of chocolate chip cookies since the beginning of time. Ok, maybe that is an exaggeration but probably since chocolate chip cookies were invented. Since there are so many variations out there, I started to wonder which one actually gives you the most satisfaction. 


Enter the brown butter cookies. We attribute the chewy texture of the chocolate chip cookies to the baked brown sugar because of its molasses content. But combining the brown sugar with butter gives the cookies a nuttier flavour to boot. I do not know what your preference in chocolate chip cookies is, but mine is soft and chewy. So it would not be a surprise that I am obsessed with the cookies made by my friend Arielle. 





Cookies by Relle is a small cookie company that hails from San Francisco, California. I knew the owner Airelle from being a Foodguide ambassador. I was the former Sydney Foodguide ambassador and to this day she is the San Francisco Foodguide ambassador. Coming from that same group, I have only been able to form a friendship with her and 2 more Foodguide ambassadors. Not only was she part of this group, she is and American who is of Filipino in ethnicity, I was born and raised in the Philippines and was naturalized Australian, so we immediately connected. She also started this business during the height of the pandemic. When most people have been dancing on Tiktok, here she is creating her business from scratch. 


Since I live in Southwest Nebraska, the logistics of sending a box of cookies to my area was tricky. She was able to manage sending me a box of goodies without any cracks seen on her products. It also took days to get these from the mail so the quality of freshness would also be in question, but her cookies delivered in their brown buttery goodness as if they were just out of the oven. 





In terms of packaging, she used a brown box with a transparent centre with a circular logo on the top right hand corner. I am not too picky with packaging especially if the business is starting out. I do appreciate her applying a sticker logo, as the box she used is your generic food box. By doing this, I can distinguish her product from the rest of the suppliers out there using the same packaging. 


As for the taste, every single cookie in that box had the same brown butter taste indicating her using the same recipe for her base and deviating in flavour as she sees fit. I love bakers who can deliver in the consistency department as it establishes their brand quicker. It also proves to an audience the skill level of that baker. All her cookies had that soft, nutty, chewy consistency that I absolutely adore in chocolate chip cookies. Out of all the flavours I have tried, my personal favourites are Oreo, Toffee and Butter Pecan. Airelle creates different flavours on a monthly basis and also creates seasonal cookies so definitely watch out for that. What you can see in this post are the following flavours—Oreo, Toffee, Butter Pecan, Cookie Butter, Peanut Butter, Peppermint Oreo, Cinnamon Sugar, Walnut Chocolate Chip and Dark Chocolate Peppermint.


I would also like to mention that Airelle would be taking an indefinite leave from baking after December. Make sure you place your order before she takes her break. Do check out her Instagram page @cookiesbyrelle to order your box of cookies.


To sum it all up, I am a bit biased in terms of which chocolate chip cookie is the best in the world. I would always lean towards soft and chewy cookies. But at the end of the day, it all comes down to your personal preference. After all, we all have different palates and backgrounds. What might be the best for me is not the best for you. I do suggest trying brown butter chocolate chip cookies and then form your own opinion. Happy eating everyone!






Comments

Popular Posts