Are Cookies from the Cookie Chain Crumbl Any Good?

I have been seeing Crumbl Cookies stores in Colorado when we visit. I always feel so full and get discouraged to buy anything from their store. But the last time we visited Colorado, I was just the right amount of hungry to finally purchase their famous cookies. As the saying goes, “That’s just the way the cookie crumbles,” I find it fitting as I am wondering how the Crumbl Cookies would fare in my books.




Upon research, I found out that Crumbl started making their cookies in Utah and spreading fast to 11 states with 75 locations nationwide. It is their mission to create gourmet cookies that are freshly made daily. After reading this on their website and tasting their cookies, I can definitely say they ticked both criteria. 


I visited a branch in Greeley, Colorado. I was greeted by their staff with a smile and was informed on how to order at the cash register. You can just go up to the Ipads and order your cookies with ease. I ordered Crumbl’s 4-box of cookies, which were housed in a long rectangular box. Flavours ordered are as follows—Biscoff Lava, Chilled Sugar, Milk Chocolate Chip and Snickerdoodle Cupcake. I also had the option to order smaller sized cookies, but since it was my first time, I opted for the OG version. I then waited at the designated area for my name to be called to collect the cookies and my husband and I left the store thereafter. 





The beautiful pink box that housed my gourmet cookies had a hard time staying closed. I figured why when got home. The staff made sure the Chilled Sugar Cookie would still be presentable and she placed it inside a small white paper bag. The paper bag hindered the box to close and I was afraid that the integrity of the cookies would not be as good when we get home (a 3-hour drive from Colorado to South-West Nebraska), so I placed my scarf on top of the box to make sure it was properly sealed. When we did get home, the cookie integrity held its ground and were still the same shape form as how we bought it from the store. 


I also like the simple branding on the container box as it had the logo of company plus the name. It looked sleek and boujee. The pink box also was good move on the company as the colour pops and it intrigues passers by when someone is carrying a box of their cookies. Not only was the box beautiful, the gourmet cookies were also beautifully presented. Each cookie had its own personality. The Chilled Sugar frosting had your typical spatula swirl yet the Snickerdoodle had that going around in circles frosting, as seen in the pictures. 


In terms of taste, I find all of them too sweet for my liking. I guess because the cookies were also massive in size. I am not too sure if one cookie should be consumed in one sitting. But for the sake of the health of my pancreas, I ate about a quarter or half of the cookie at a time. My least favourite out of the 4 cookies was the Biscoff Lava. And this is coming from a biscoff lover. Restraint should always be the number consideration in terms of desserts in the sugar department. If you already have a sweet batter and add another sweet element, the result is always a sugar bomb. I found the additional biscoff filling brought it over the edge. And if I was not washing it down with black coffee, I cannot eat the cookie at all. My suggestion would be to eliminate the biscoff filling entirely and just settle with incorporating the biscoff in the batter. My second least favourite from the batch was the Milk Chocolate Chip. I am not too sure if it was supposed to exhibit a milk powder aftertaste but it did. It was a thick cookie so that was a plus for me, but in terms of taste, the milk chocolate chip flavour was lost in translation. 





Moving on to my favourites, the second best flavour for me was the Chilled Sugar. Pink frosting definitely caught my eye when purchasing the cookies. I also liked the subtle cherry Starburst flavour of the frosting. The cookie crumbled and tasted like shortbread cookies, which are always welcome in my tummy. As for my favourite, the Snickerdoodle Cupcake, I love the amount of frosting on top of the cookie. The cinnamon sugar flavour shone and the subtle, tangy flavour cut through the sweetness of this dessert. I also love the shortbread-like consistency of this cookie. 


Overall, if I have the chance to go back and try their cookies, I would buy the smaller cookies, as it would be more up my alley (better portion and sugar control). Just letting everyone know, I do not have a sweet tooth but definitely have a second stomach for desserts. I like my palate to end on a balanced note. If you are sweet tooth, this is definitely up your alley. But if you were like me, pairing this with black coffee or tea would offset the sweetness in every bite. 

Comments

Popular Posts