Bokksu—Sharing the Japanese Culture to the World One Japanese Snack at a Time

Since 2020, the world is at a standstill because of the pandemic. No one is able to travel without fear of contracting the virus. And in turn, the world became a lot smaller. But what if I tell you that there is a box, which can transport you to Japan. Will you be interested to travel the world at the comforts of your home?




Enter Bokksu, a monthly box subscription service, which contains premium Japanese snacks and teas. Every month there is a different theme, which is carefully curated and handpicked by the wonderful Bokksu team. What I love most about this brand is their mission to empower Japan’s traditional snack makers by sharing their authentic food and stories with the world. Included in every box are 20-24 snacks and teas and a 16+ pages of a cultural guide magazine that contain each of the products’ origin, flavors and even common allergen. It also contains a thank you card from the CEO. I received their Seasons of Japan box, which contained the following snacks and teas: Dondon Yaki White Strawberry, Edamame Senbei, Uni Rice Cracker, Mocchan Dango Mochi, Organic Genmaicha Tea, Puku Puku Tai: Chocolate, Stick Potato: Suppa Mucho, Handmade Yuzu Sake Candy, Matcha Chocolate Stick Cake, Hokkaido Red Bean Doughnuts, Funwari Meijin Mochi Puffs: Kinako, 20th Century Pear Langue de Chat, Aomori Apple Caramel Yakkoi Sable, Seaweed Tempura Setouchi Sudachi, Black Sesame Taiko: Kumamon Design. They deliver these beautiful boxes worldwide. Kindly check their website regarding where in the world they currently deliver. 




I was so excited to finally receive my box in the mail. What I immediately gravitated to was the minimalist packaging but with a bold box color choice. The color definitely demanded my full attention. Upon opening my box, I immediately saw the cultural guide magazine, underneath it was the thank you card from the CEO and below that were the neatly packaged snacks and teas. Since I do not read nor understand the Japanese language, I highly appreciated the creation of a magazine, which explains the details of the snacks (name, origin and flavor profile including pictures). It also explains this month’s theme of the box. Although carrying a lot of information, the team was able to produce a concise and beautiful magazine to educate the consumer about the products. Upon reading the magazine, I was enthralled with each description as every single one of them explains the Japanese culture in very clear and respectful manner. 






Unboxing the contents of the said box was a delightful treat. Each item’s packaging was so cute. I felt giddy taking each snack out of the box exclaiming my “ooohs and aaahs” as I further discover the contents. I have never tried any of these snacks so rest assured I was so pumped to try all of them. Upon tasting each one, I was so surprised to feel so satisfied yet minus the common sugar high I experience upon eating western snacks. Every single bite and sip put me in a balanced state, which I highly appreciate, since I have a balanced palate. This validates the brand’s claim of carefully curating and handpicking each item per theme. To be completely hones, I was unable to pick my favorite snack from their Seasons of Japan box as each item was in their own right exuded perfection. Every flavor added to each item had its own purpose and stood out at the right time upon consumption. It only proves that the Japanese’s search of perfection is not in vain and I am truly in awe of this feat. 


As someone who has visited Japan once in her life, in December, 2020, and fell in love with the country and it’s culture, I am so pleased to have received a piece of their culture in my home at this point and time. This box not only transported me to Japan but it also made me want to come back for more. I highly recommend you availing this subscription service. 


"Thank you @hype_experiences_london for arranging this media delivery from @bokksu. If you love reviewing products, I recommend joining our community! More info here https://hypeexperiences.com/about/content-creator"




Comments

Popular Posts