Sydney Burger Expo 2019




Burger lovers unite! Thoughtfully, curated for burger lovers far and wide, the Sydney Burger Expo was brought to us by The Burger Collective App and the main man himself, Chef Alvin Cailan. I had the pleasure of joining the festivities through getting passes for myself and three guests through the Hype App team. 





I opted to go during the lunch event, and was glad to see some familiar foodie faces among the crowd. Definitely, the love for food is evident from all the people who attended the event. Upon arrival, there were massive lines and it took us awhile to get in, about 30 minutes. The line did die down eventually as the event carried on. Even though there was a massive queue, the staff were super friendly and helpful. There were bag checks in place, making sure that the event is safe for everyone attending. 

There were 6 burger stalls offering different kinds of burgers, and it was up to the consumer to choose. I chose to order the Marvin Glaze from Burger Point and their loaded fries with egg and pulled pork. The sweet glazed top bun with bacon bits was a good contrast to the otherwise, juicy, salty, meaty burger patty and cheese. My friends highly enjoyed the burger they ordered from Burger Head. 










As it was a great turn out, the event space was eventually packed and some stalls took longer to serve the costumers, so my advice is if you are coming to this event, bring heaps of patience with you. I did however think that the place was small to hold that number of people during the event. Probably a bigger venue is warranted next time as it turns out, there are heaps of burger lovers in Sydney. I was also able to see Chef Alvin Cailan roaming the venue, which was just the icing on the cake. To see someone of that calibre during this event just made the experience more awesome. 

Overall, I would definitely recommend this experience to all the foodies out there, people who just want to try something different and of course the burger lovers like me. I do hope that in the next years to come, they would be able to get more burger joints to participate. As they say, the more the merrier.






Comments

Popular Posts