Celebrating Pop Culture at Oz Comic Con 2019


Celebrating Pop Culture!

Oz Comic Con is a great avenue for amusement and entertainment for those people who live and breathe pop culture. My friend and I were given media passes for the weekend by the Hype App team so we could further explore and see what Oz Comic Con had in store for us this year. 

For a first timer like me, I was told that in the previous years, this event is normally held at the ICC not at the Sydney Showground. My friend, Meidi, informed me that we had a better location this year as people tend to queue and it takes a lot of space. This year however, I find that the venue is large enough to house everyone, the queues were not in the way of the traffic. We were able to walk around with ease and see how organised the queues are in their respective areas. 

As for the artists that they invited this year, the biggest star they have invited was KJ Apa, Riverdale's Archie. I unfortunately was not able to see his panel but, I was able to see Keiynan Lonsdale, the Kid Flash, during his panel session on Saturday. I was super stoked as I am a massive fan of the Flash. And to see someone of that calibre in these types of events was just surreal. 














Vendors during the event brought their fantastic pop culture related materials. I wanted to buy everything that was Flash related but, I ended up buying the comic books from a local supplier who has a physical store in Penrith. I find that the range was just fantastic, from clothes, to cap, to pins, and the list just goes on from there.

I was highly amused by the people who wore cosplay as an ode to their favourite pop culture personality. This year, a lot of Marvel fans dressed up as Fat Thor, Spiderman and Captain America. People were so approachable and nice that I ended up taking heap of photos of their wonderful costumes. And I love that all of them are in character.

The media pass allowed us to access areas to take more photos with ease during the event. It would have been better if we were orientated on what the scope of the passes were. But otherwise, we were able to take more photos of the people or artists closer that those people with normal passes. 

Overall, I highly recommend this even to those people who love pop culture. In terms of attending both days or just one day, it is totally up to you. If you were able to buy all the things you wanted on day one and dressed up as you favourite character then by all means one day is enough. But if I were you, I would attend both days as you would get to see more people in their wonderful cosplay and attend the panels you might have missed on the first day.









*If you want to see more pictures and behind the scenes of the event, check out my Instagram highlight Oz Comic Con 19 to see more!*

IG: @mertiolettebaby

Comments

Popular Posts